News and information from our partners

Sno-park permits available

Permits now required at all parks on national forest

Washington State Parks and Recreation Sno-Park permits are available from Gifford Pinchot National Forest offices in Southwest Washington and other private vendors.

With recent snowfall, Sno-Park permits are now required at all Sno-Parks on the Forest.

The Sno-Park Program provides cleared parking areas for winter recreation. Some areas may not be completely cleared because Sno-Park plowing is secondary to highway plowing. It is illegal to park on highway interchanges or otherwise impede traffic.

Sno-Park permits cost $9 per vehicle for a one-day pass, and $21 per vehicle for a season pass. The seasonal permit allows for two license plate numbers; however, both license plate numbers must be registered to the name listed on the permit. Vehicles licensed in Washington State must display a Washington Sno-Park permit when utilizing a designated Washington State Sno-Park.

Proceeds are used exclusively for Sno-Park facilities, including providing snow removal, sanitary facilities, trail grooming, signing, mapping, parking lot construction, and maintaining the Sno-Park Program. Additional information on Washington State Sno-Parks is available from Forest Service offices.

In Oregon and Washington, some trailheads that require Northwest Forest Passes during the rest of the year will require a Sno-Park permit during the winter. A Northwest Forest Pass does not substitute for a Sno-Park permit.

Sno-Park permits are available from the following Gifford Pinchot National Forest offices: Gifford Pinchot National Forest Headquarters in Vancouver, Mt. Adams Ranger District in Trout Lake, and Wind River Information Station in Carson.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment


Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)