News and information from our partners


Report for the Washington State Patrol



At approximately 1:30 p.m., on Sunday, June 29, 2003, the Washington State Patrol along with units from the Wishram Fire/Rescue, Klickitat Valley Hospital Ambulance and Rural 7 Rescue responded to a two-car injury collision on State Route 14, just west of Wishram at milepost 93.

Jamey Hobbs, 27, Vancouver, was driving a 1988 Isuzu eastbound on SR 14 when she failed to stay right of the centerline and crossed over into the westbound lane of traffic. Edward George, 54, Goldendale was driving a 2001 Chevrolet pickup westbound on SR 14.

The left front of the Isuzu struck the left rear of the Chevrolet causing the Chevrolet to rotate counterclockwise and travel 325 feet rolling over coming to rest on its top. The Isuzu continued eastbound for 142 feet and left the road on the north side rolling over onto its top.

Hobbs, who is five month pregnant, suffered lacerations to her head, left thigh and numerous cuts and bruises.

Michael Anderson, 32, Vancouver, was a passenger in the Isuzu Hobbs was driving. Anderson suffered a head laceration.

George suffered a head laceration and his wife Louise George, 55, who was a passenger in the Chevrolet, suffered a possible broken right arm.

All four subjects had been wearing seatbelts and were transported to Mid Columbia Medical Center in The Dalles, Ore. by ambulance.

The collision caused both lanes to be closed for approximately 30 minutes.

The cause of the collision was attributed to driver inattention and failing to keep right of the centerline.

Hobbs was cited for negligent driving, for causing the collision.

Jeffery J. Lynch, 16, Washougal, was taken by LifeFlight to Southwest Washington Medical Center on June 25, 2003, following a two-vehicle accident on SR 14 at milepost 27.3.

According to the report, Lynch was driving his 1998 Ford Escort northbound on Riverside Drive. He entered SR 14 in the westbound lane and was struck by a 1995 Toyota 4-runner driven by Della L. Van Kirk, 48, White Salmon. Van Kirk was not injured in the accident.

The westbound lane of traffic was blocked for approximately three hours and 20 minutes.

Both Lynch and Van Kirk were wearing seatbelts at the time of the accident.

Both vehicles were totaled.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment


Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)