0

Police Report

Stevenson man dies in Glenwood trailer house fire

On March 5 at about 5 a.m., fire emergency vehicles and deputies from the Klickitat County Sheriff's Office (KCSO) were dispatched to a trailer house on fire in Glenwood. Firefighters found the trailer engulfed in flames.

According to the KCSO report, at approximately 7:30 a.m., a deceased male was found near the back of the trailer.

The dead man was identified as Eugene Jones, 52, a Stevenson resident. Jones worked at the Bird Creek Inn as a caretaker and barkeeper. According to the Sheriff's Office, Jones died from smoke inhalation. The Klickitat County Coroner's Office was called, and an autopsy was scheduled to determine the exact cause of death.

Detectives and a State Fire Marshal believe the fire began in or around the kitchen area and rapidly spread to the rest of the mobile home through propane or gas piping.

The Fire Marshal's Office determined that the fire was accidental, and the Sheriff's Office has found no evidence of a crime.

The trailer home was completely destroyed, and the Bird Creek Inn suffered some electrical damage because an electrical line ran from the inn to the trailer.

The investigation is continuing.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment