0

Hazardous Material Spill Reported In White Salmon

The area surrounding Church Street in White Salmon was closed Monday morning after a hazardous material spill from a Pool and Spabox truck. The driver of the truck was transported to Skyline Hospital and treated for inhalation of Muriatic Acid, which can cause respiratory difficulty and skin irritation.

The area surrounding Church Street in White Salmon was closed Monday morning after a hazardous material spill from a Pool and Spabox truck. The driver of the truck was transported to Skyline Hospital and treated for inhalation of Muriatic Acid, which can cause respiratory difficulty and skin irritation. Photo by Amber Marra.

One injury has been reported as a result of a hazardous material spill near Church Street in White Salmon on Monday.

According to a press release sent by Klickitat County Emergency Management, at least one gallon of Muriatic Acid leaked from a Pool and Spabox truck around 8:54 am Monday. Muriatic Acid can cause respiratory difficulty and skin irritation if inhaled or contacted by the skin.

The driver of the truck was transported to Skyline Hospital and is being treated for inhalation of Muriatic Acid.

The White Salmon Fire Department, Bingen Fire Department, Klickitat County Fire District 3, White Salmon Police, Washington State Patrol, and Klickitat County Department of Emergency Management are assisting with the containment and control area, according to the release.

There is no danger to surrounding businesses or residences and the area surrounding the truck has been closed throughout Monday morning.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment