...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PST THIS
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PST THIS EVENING...
* Winds in the warning area: West to southwest 40 to 50 mph with
gusts up to 65 mph.
* Winds in the advisory area: West to southwest 30 to 40 mph
with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing: Strong winds continue through Sunday evening.
* Locations in the warning include: The higher terrain of
eastern Klamath County and western Lake County between Bly and
Silver Lake. This includes Highway 31 between Summer Lake and
* Locations in the advisory include: Most of the rest of eastern
Klamath and Lake Counties. This includes portions of Highways
140 and 395 and the city of Lakeview.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* Impacts...Very difficult travel, especially for high profile
vehicles. Additionally, loose objects could be blown away.
Slow down and use caution when driving, especially if you are
driving a high profile vehicle. .
Secure any loose objects like patio furniture or trash cans or
bring them indoors.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible.
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT THIS
* WINDS...SOUTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50 MPH
EXCEPT GUSTS UP TO 60 MPH ARE POSSIBLE AT HIGH ELEVATIONS.
* TIMING...WINDS WILL PEAK THIS AFTERNOON THEN DIMINISH THROUGH
THIS EVENING. STRONGER WINDS ARE POSSIBLE IN AREAS OF HEAVIER
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...ALL LOCATIONS WEST OF THE CASCADES...THE
MT SHASTA AREA...THE SHASTA VALLEY...SISKIYOU AND MODOC
* IMPACTS...THESE WINDS MAY BREAK TREE LIMBS OR TOPPLE TREES AND
CAUSE POWER OUTAGES.
* VIEW THE HAZARD AREA IN DETAIL AT
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)