- Red Flag Warning for Harney County County, Oregon
- Red Flag Warning issued June 26 at 9:06AM PDT until June 26 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, June 26, 2017 at 9:06 a.m.
- Expires: Monday, June 26, 2017 at 11 p.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS EVENING
FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING WITH DRY FUELS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 625...
* Impacts: Lightning and dry fine fuels will likely result in new
fire starts. Strong and gusty thunderstorm winds are possible
today and could contribute to fire spread. Despite rainfall,
initial attack resources could be overwhelmed and holdover fires
* Fuels: While heavy fuel moistures may not be conducive to
significant fire growth, finer fuels are dry and may ignite and
* Thunderstorms: Scattered.
* Timing: The greatest threat for scattered thunderstorms with
significant lightning will be this afternoon and evening.
* Affected area:
In South Central OR...Fire Weather Zone 625.
* Counties affected:
In South Central OR...Harney...Lake.
* Wind: West 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph, strongest
Monday afternoon and evening. Erratic and gusty winds are possible
near thunderstorms today with gusts of around 40 to 50 mph.
* View the hazard area in detail at