...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING
THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING...
* Winds...South 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 50 to 60 mph possible.
* Timing...Strong, gusty winds will develop late Wednesday night
and then peak as a front moves through Thursday.
* Locations include...Much of central Lake County, including
highway 31 from Silver Lake to the 395 interchange and Highway
395 from Valley Falls northward.
* Impacts...Strong winds may make driving difficult, especially
for high profile vehicles. Localized tree damage and power
outages are possible, though not likely.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)