...Abundant lightning expected today in parts of Northern
California and Southern Oregon...
.Low pressure to the south off the coast of California will push
moisture up to the north through today. This will help generate
scattered thunderstorms across Northern California and areas east
of the Cascades. These thunderstorms are expected to be wet.
However as it has been observed this year, wet thunderstorms can
still be efficient in starting new fires over dry fuels.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT THIS EVENING
FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING ON DRY FUELS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 624 AND
* Impacts: Lightning and high fire danger will likely result in
new fire starts. Gusty thunderstorm winds could contribute to fire
spread. Despite rainfall, initial attack resources could be
overwhelmed and holdover fires are possible.
* Affected areas: In Southern Oregon...The area south and east of
Silver Lake and from Chiloquin extending eastward in fire weather
zones 624 and 625.
* Wind: Gusty and erratic outflow winds of 20 to 30 mph are
* Thunderstorms: Isolated thunderstorms are possible this morning,
but thunderstorms will expand in coverage this afternoon and
* View the hazard area in detail at
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)