...Mountain Snow Expected Thursday through Friday...
.A wet Pacific storm will bring snow to the mountains Thursday.
Snow levels initially will be in the 6000 to 7000 foot range but
are expected to lower to 4500 feet by early Thursday afternoon.
By Thursday night snow levels are expected to lower to around
3000 feet. This will impact travel over the passes in the Cascade
and Siskiyou Mountains Thursday night and Friday. There will be a
break on Saturday but another storm is expected to impact the
mountains Sunday into early next week.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS
MORNING TO 10 AM PST FRIDAY...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on difficult travel conditions,
including during the evening commute. Total snow accumulations
of 3 to 7 inches, with localized amounts up to 13 inches on the
high peaks, are expected.
* WHERE...South Central Oregon Cascades and Siskiyou Mountains and
Southern Oregon Cascades and the high Cascade passes.
* WHEN...10 AM to 10 AM Friday. The heaviest snowfall rates will
occur between 4 PM and 10 PM this afternoon.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Look for reduced visibilities at times.
* View the hazard area in detail at
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)