- Red Flag Warning for Asotin County, Washington
- Red Flag Warning issued June 25 at 2:42PM PDT until June 25 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 2:42 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 11 p.m.
...UNSTABLE CONDITIONS WITH HAINES VALUES OF 6 COMBINED WITH LOW
HUMIDITY WILL CREATE THE POTENTIAL FOR EXPLOSIVE FIRE GROWTH
THROUGH THIS EVENING...
...THUNDERSTORMS WITH ABUNDANT LIGHTNING ACROSS CENTRAL AND
PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST OREGON MONDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING...
.Very hot and unstable conditions with low humidities will
prevail through this evening across the lower elevations, with
Haines values of 6. A Pacific frontal system will increase
moisture and instability across central Oregon Monday. Scattered
to numerous thunderstorms with abundant lightning can be
expected. In the grassy areas of central Oregon...the Heppner
District...and ODF John Day, new fires from lightning strikes may
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS
EVENING FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING AND GUSTY OUTFLOW WINDS VERY HOT
AND DRY CONDITIONS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 641, 641, AND 675...
* AFFECTED AREA...In Oregon...Fire weather zone 641. In Washington...Fire
weather zones 641 and 675.
* TIMING...Through this evening.
* HAINES...Level 6.
* HUMIDITY...Minimum values of 8 to 14 percent.
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.