...Hot...dry...and unstable conditions Sunday...
.There is the potential for plume dominated fires Sunday
afternoon and early evening as hot and dry conditions combine
with an unstable atmosphere. This will result in Haines 5 or
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING FOR HIGH HAINES FOR THE EAST SLOPES OF THE
CASCADES (FWZ680...682...685)...OKANOGAN HIGHLANDS (687) AND THE
IDAHO PANHANDLE (101)...
* Affected Area: Fire Weather Zone 101 Northern and Central
Idaho Panhandle (Zone 101)...Fire Weather Zone 680 East
Washington South Central Cascade Mountains (Zone 680)...Fire
Weather Zone 682 East Washington Central Cascade Mountains
(Zone 682)...Fire Weather Zone 685 East Washington North
Cascades (Zone 685) and Fire Weather Zone 687 East Washington
Okanogan Highlands (Zone 687).
* Haines: 5 or 6.
* Winds: West to southwest 5 to 10 mph Sunday...becoming north to
northeast Sunday night and Monday.
* Timing: Sunday afternoon and early evening
* Relative Humidities: 10 to 20 percent.
* Temperatures: 80s in the mountains...low to mid 90s valleys.
* Impacts: Any new or existing fires will have the potential to
become plume dominated.
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)