The White Salmon Community Library has set a schedule for its storytimes. This Fall’s schedule will run Sept. 3 to Dec. 21:
• Pre-Walking Babies (ages 0-18 months): Fridays at 10:30 a.m.
• Toddlers (ages 18-36 months): Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschoolers (ages 3-6): Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Family (all ages): Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Monday Morning Mix-Up (all ages): Mondays at 10:30 a.m.
The library storytime programs strive to:
• Provide fun, rich, age appropriate activities and experiences that build a love of books, libraries, and reading that will stay with children for a lifetime: stories, rhymes, songs, puppets, movement, art projects, play time and more!
• Explain, model, and empower adults to Read, Write, Play, Sing, and Talk with their children. These 5 activities have been proven to increase the early literacy skills needed as children get ready to read, giving them a greater probability of school success.
• Each storytime hosts a play time or crafts after the structured portion of the event.
• Parents or caregivers must be in attendance for all storytime programs.
• Siblings welcome.
• “Monday Morning Mix-Up” will offer a variety of interactive early literacy activities, but it will be different surprise each week!
For more information call the library at 509-493-1132.